How to uninstall the extra software that are offered with our Download Manager
While you download and install programs distributed by Phoenix Downloads, the download manager offers some few preloaded apps which you may choose to install or not during the installation process. While you may want to keep these if you do not we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get rid of these apps so here is a step by step guide for you to do this.
- The first thing you will need to do is access your control panel. Double click on programs and features.
- Your programs will be listed in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you find “Packages” as highlighted below and double click on it.
- Here you can manually remove any programs that you do not want, just click the Uninstall button on the right hand side of the screen:
- You will receive a message that says “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC” or “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC” you will have the options beneath the text “Yes” and “No”. Right click once on yes.
- For certain apps you may get a follow up message. Again right click once on “Yes” as in the example below:
- After a brief loading screen whilst the app is removed you will see the following message.
Click on OK And the app is removed!